Massachusetts Underage DUI Under 21 OUI Cambridge Boston BAC Lawyers Attorneys
Massachusetts Under 21 OUI Defense Lawyer
Former Prosecutors Defending Under 21 DUI Clients
Massachusetts has a “zero-tolerance” law. If you are under 21 and are caught with a Blood Alcohol Content as low as 0.02 while driving, you will lose your license. In Massachusetts, drivers under age 21 are twice as likely as other drivers to be involved in alcohol related accidents. This is one reason why laws are stronger for under-21 drivers. If you are minor or under 21 and are charged with driving under the influence, you are facing serious trouble. If your blood alcohol level is 0.02% or above, you will be charged with operating under influence of alcohol (DUI/OUI). Once you are charged with a DUI/OUI, your driving license is immediately suspended for 30 days, just for failing the breath test. More over your license is also revoked for 210 days and your fines and court costs will be in excess of $2500 and you will have to attend a mandatory 16-week alcohol treatment program (one day a week). Your probation period will be for a year.
If your BAC is .20% or over, you must enter into a 2-week inpatient alcohol treatment program.
In Massachusetts, the “admin per se” limit for those under 21 years of age is .02 instead of .08, the legal limit for adults in Massachusetts. That is a driver who is under 21 will have his/her license administratively suspended anytime he or she registers at or above .02 on the breathalyzer. Since a .02% BAC level is extremely low and breathalyzers are notoriously inaccurate in their readings, it is possible to get arrested and charged with this offense without ever even taking a drink. However to avoid a conviction for an under 21 DUI, an aggressive OUI/DUI defense must be formulated and executed.
There are no “hardship” licenses available to those convicted of an Underage OUI.
If you are convicted, an under 21 DUI, will result in not being able to drive and this may result in some very serious consequences. Especially, if you are working or attending school and need a vehicle to get back and forth. There is no “Hardship” license for those who were convicted under 21 for OUI/DUI.
You can count on the Gilmore & SRIS, LLC. Massachusetts Underage OUI/DUI defense lawyers to thoroughly investigate every aspect of your case and identify any potential flaws in the arrest and charging of your underage DUI case.
Contact us immediately if you have been charged with an underage DUI in Massachusetts.
We have client meeting locations in Boston & Cambridge to better serve you.
- Massachusetts OUI DUI Suspended License Hardship Boston Cambridge Lawyers Attorneys
- Massachusetts Child Endangerment OUI DUI Boston Cambridge Lawyers Attorneys Operating Under The Influence
- Massachusetts OUI Accident DUI Lawyers Vehicular Manslaughter Boston Cambridge Attorneys
- Massachusetts Refusal Breathalyzer OUI DUI Boston Cambridge Lawyers Attorneys
Comments are closed.
CLIENT MEETING LOCATIONS
- OUI In Massachusetts Cambridge Lawyers Operating Motor Vehicle Gen. 90 24
- Massachusetts OUI Boston Lawyer Driving Influence Conviction Violation 90 24
- OUI Boston Massachusetts Lawyer License Suspension Violation Vehicle
- DUI Belmont Massachusetts Lawyer Subsequent Motor Vehicle Enhancement
- OUI Suffolk Massachusetts Lawyer Accident Violation Arrest
- OUI Norfolk Massachusetts Lawyer License Suspension Revocation
- OUI South Boston Massachusetts Lawyer Breathalyzer Test Results Expert Testimony
- Operating Under Influence Somerville Massachusetts Lawyer Fourth Offense
- OUI Quincy Massachusetts Lawyer Motor Vehicle Probation Certificate
- OUI Norfolk Massachusetts Lawyer License Revocation Restoration Authority